Sunday, February 6, 2011

American Girl Dolls

I don't know how, but we get a magazine from American Girl Doll.   It's this magazine filled with expensive dolls and their expensive clothes and accessories!  Normally I take it straight to the trash, but somehow one slipped by me and Trinity got it.  Now, all we hear is how her friend Kennedy has two of these dolls and she has none!  Poor Trin, she is so miss treated.....ha!  Trinity has been obsessing about getting this stinking doll for a week now (maybe longer)!  This "doll" that she wants costs $100.00!!!!  Crazy....I know.  Things that cost that much are for special occasions only!  Sadly, all of her special occations are over with until next Christmas.  I get the fact that it's a long time till then, so we made her a deal.  If she saves her money for the doll, then we will buy it an outfit!  That's fair....right?  I'm thinking that if she wants it bad enough then she can do it.  Plus if she pays for it then she will appreciate this doll a whole lot more then if we just buy it for her.  $100 is a lot of money for a doll just to sit in a closet doing nothing!  So how does she get money to save?  By doing "extra" jobs around the house.  I'm not talking about her regular duties.....I'm mean like dusting the base boards or help clean the garage etc.  In reality, we are still going to be paying for this over priced doll by paying Trin  for the extra jobs that she does.  Hey, it's the principal of the matter....right? 

So, if you need a 7 year old to dust your base boards she is for hire!  ha

No comments: