Monday, July 28, 2008

the back yard hornet!

So I was letting Sammi out back, to do her business, and there was this dirt mound right by our back door. I thought it was one of those fire ant mounds, so I was going to kick it, (you know so they would move some where else) then out comes this huge hornet!! Freeked me out! I hear if you get stung by one of those things it feels like you have been hit by a sledge hammer. ouch! Not to mention that Jamie is allergic to wasps, so I'm sure being stung by a hornet would be really bad for him. Thank goodness for the internet, it told us to put a bowl over the nest at night to smother them. By the next morning he was out of his nest trying to dig is way out of the glass bowl. We (I say we but I really mean Jamie)had to mash the bowl down like two different times, because he was going to get out. Finally like almost 24 hours later he had died! Whew.....it was consuming me, it's all I could think about, that freaking hornet. I mean I didn't want one of us to get hit by that wicked thing. Look at how big his stinger is!!! Now that would hurt!

No comments: