Wednesday, June 13, 2012

New swing set!

Several weeks ago I had a yard sale and told the girls all of the money was going towards a new swing set. Thankfully I made $600! Yeah...having enough junk to make $600 is kind of depressing, but we won't think about that! What's the saying? "one mans junk is another mans treasure!". Apparently i had lots of treasure!! Let me be clear tho...having a yard sale is WORK! I definitely did not make that much standing there looking pretty! I had to put my salesmen jacket on to convince these people that they needed my "junk"! :)
We decided to custom build our own swing set because Trinity wanted to be able to camp in the clubhouse plus,we need it long enough for one of us adults to camp with them. By "us" I mean Jamie! Duh!! Thankfully, our good friend is a great builder, and had more time then dad to help Jamie build it. They did an amazing job on it! Jamie took off that Thursday and Friday to ensure it was complete by the time the girls came home from grandparents. That thing will hold 300lbs and will last close to a lifetime!

When the girls saw it for the first time all finished and with a big red bow on it, they both SQUEALED and took off running towards it! Sooo worth ALL of the hard work that Jamie and I went thru to get the swing set for the girls!! They absolutely love it!

No comments: