Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I'm back! I know I've been really bad about posting...sorry. I will do better.

So the Methvin life...

Trinity is busy ridding bikes with all of our neighborhood kids. It's like they came out of the woodworks or something. I'm probably just as excited as her about it. Kids to play with! We sold our camper and now have all this room in the garage and it's been taken over with kids outside toys. We have two twin boys in the neighborhood that come over to play the most, Jamie calls them stray cats because I fed them a slice of pizza and then they wouldn't leave! Ha. No they are good kids they just don't mind asking for food or drinks. :-). It should be good times on our street this summer!
We are still working towards an American Girl Doll. She has $52....over half way! She has plans on hitting up the grandparents for any side jobs this weekend. I'm thinking that we will have this doll by early summer.


Alyssa...well, she is going thru a tough stage right now. She has always been a great sleeper but in the past three weeks started waking up in the night and not wanting to go back to sleep. Let me state that I am against letting kids sleep in our bed, but after hours of no sleep(1.30-4am) it just happens! What choice do I have? I need sleep too! We are on week three and she has slept all night three times now. I've tried everything...even a cry-out. Yeah...that was no success! She cried for 45mins without letting up. When I finally went in her room she had pooped her pants. Hmm...who can sleep with poo in their pants? Not my kid! :-). About the time when I can't take her waking up in the night she sleeps all night. It's fair to say that Alyssa is a very strong willed child. Not that that's a bad thing...but does she have to be strong willed at 2 in the morning?
She loves to write on the chalk board (and anything else for that matter) and would prefer to be outside all of the time. We have to lock the doors now because she will walk out by herself and start playing.

Jamie got his promotion and is now a Senior Manager. Yay!!

I'm hoping to get a bicycle and kid trailer for mothers day (wink wink) so that the whole family can ride bikes together.

Toad suck is in a few weeks...and you know what that means! Roasted corn on the cob! Yums!! This year Trinity will be racing a "toad" in the toad races. Our 1st time. Thanks to Uncle Mike for catching a frog! Town festivals are the best! Junk food, people watching and craft booths...awesome!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: