Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thanksgiving

Aimee and Mike hosted the big feast and I must say, it was De-lish! Pretty sure everyone had a good time, and you didn't walk away hungry. Of course I had to mull over the Black Friday ads like I do every Thanksgiving. This year Aimee, Mom and I decided to try the midnight madness thing in Branson. Yeah....Branson was a waist! To buy something you had to stand in line forever. Maybe it was because I had no sleep, but I just didn't feel like buying much. Crazy, I know, because I'm always in the mood to shop. We got home in time to get two hours of sleep and then it was on to Wal-mart to do some pushin and shovin! I really love and look forward to the busy crowd that you get on Black Friday in Wal-mart at 5AM. However, this year (since someone had to go and get trampled last year) Wal-mart gave you a ticket for your item and then you kindly walked to get it. BORING!! Where's the running, the pushing and the fight to get what you want? Don't you have more of an appreciation for things when you have to work to get them? Right? Well, it was just way too easy this year. I did run in the store to get something, but only because I felt like the Wal-mart Black Friday event was getting cheated! I had to pay my respects plus I was hoping to get people excited....it's Black Friday! Nope, it didn't work. Needless to say I got everything I was going after with very little effort. I'm hoping next year will be more of a challenge! :-)

Stringing popcorn and cranberries for our Christmas tree
Alyssa sucking on some baby carrots! She would get so excited that her carrots would fly out of her hands.
Trinity made these hats for a school Thanksgiving play that they did. My daughter is total cheese! I'm not sure where she gets that!!
(I tried to turn this picture around and it wouldn't)
in her pilgram hat.
Our little Graham cracker house! Nice huh? Trinity wanted to practice making a gingerbread house, because on Monday that's what they are doing at her school. We used stuff that we had at home. Peanut butter just doesn't stick and hold things so well, so our house kept falling down. Memories o memories!

No comments: