Thursday, April 9, 2009

Yard Sale $$$

We had our first ever yard sale this past Saturday, and it turned out great! I made $1030.00!!!! yippy Let me just say that I worked my bootie off to get that money. The weekend before, I spent gathering and pricing everything and then the day before I was setting up. Two of our friends also joined in on the yard sale fun as well. By Friday night we had made $300 already. I put an ad in the paper and it said we would start at 6am. When I opened the garage at 5:30 there was a lady already sitting in front of our house. By the time Jamie got the first table out of our garage we probably had twenty or more people. It was crazy from the word go! We had so much stuff (stuff that I would have just donated if I hadn't decided to try the yard sale thing). The good thing (besides the money) is that our attic looks so good, it's all organized and there is so much more room. Plus all the stuff we cleared out from inside our house. Bye bye stuff, we have to make room for another girl in this house!

Of course I have a plan for what the money is going to be spent on.
1. Baby bedding (http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=167&f=3645&pc=67) with the hanging butterflies. Cute huh?
2.Trinity is getting a new dresser ( cause the baby is getting her dresser, it has a changing table). White of course.
3.Carpet is getting cleaned through the whole house.
Maybe there will be enough left over to get memory foam for our bed....if not, oh well, I'll get it later.

No comments: